domingo, 20 de janeiro de 2013

Braining Up 2013

Week 1 - Task 3

Hi everyone! I'm excited and daunted to take part in this group - but I won't hide behind this computer! I guess I'll learn by doing ... This is a good start to introduce myself I guess. I learnt to rollerblade when I was 39 (way over that now) and one of my New Year's resolutions is to re-learn how to do the hulahoop! ;-)
I'm passionate about learning and investigating what goes one while learning. I'm passionate about teaching and being allowed to take part in students' learning process.
I've been an EFL teacher for over 30 years and teach small groups in a language school, as well as one-to-one private classes. I took my Master's degree in 2005 investigating peer collaboration during classroom interactions. In the past four years I have been involved with distance learning designing and teaching-tutoring a course on reading/comprehension so I had  to learn how to 'Moodle' - if you know what I mean.
I like the outdoors and you'll see me biking on weekends, whenever I have the chance.
I'm really looking forward to this course for I hope it will bring more light into this overwhelming area of study - our brain.

3 comentários:

  1. Go ahead Vera! Good job!
    Enjoy a journey, learn&share!

    Nina Lyulkun

    ResponderExcluir
  2. Continued mental and physical activity is good for the brain! Glad to have you in the session, Vera.

    ResponderExcluir
  3. I'm really impressed by the rollerblading. Wow.

    ResponderExcluir